Aesthetic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery: Glen S. Brooks, MD
776 Longmeadow Street
Longmeadow, MA 01106
Phone: (413) 565-4400
Mon-Wed: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Thurs: 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Fri: 7:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Sciton BBL® (BroadBand Light) took IPL to the next level; now, the next generation of BBL is here: BBL HERO®. HERO, which stands for High Energy Rapid Output, is a faster, more comfortable, more powerful BBL treatment. Our patients from Springfield, Massachusetts, and other cities near Longmeadow choose these treatments for radiant, evenly colored skin with little to no downtime.
What Is BBL HERO?
BBL HERO is an advanced light treatment that incorporates Forever Young BBL™, a technology that actually changes the way the skin ages for long-lasting rejuvenation. These treatments are safe for use on most exposed areas of skin such as the face, neck, arms, hands, décolletage, and back. HERO treats all of the same concerns we treat with regular BBL, including:
- Excess brown pigment such as sunspots, freckles, and age spots
- Redness such as rosacea, cherry angiomas, and telangiectasias
MOXI™ is a fractional, non-ablative laser skin rejuvenation treatment that can be combined with HERO for enhanced results. MOXI addresses early lines and wrinkles while making the skin smoother and firmer.
How Does BBL HERO Work?
BBL HERO is non-ablative, meaning it doesn’t harm the surface of the skin. The light energy passes harmlessly through the skin and heats the excess pigment underneath. The heat energy breaks the melanin up into tiny particles, and similarly destroys unwanted blood vessels, which are gradually flushed away by the body’s cleansing processes. HERO provides the following improvements over BBL:
- 4 times the speed. Large areas like the back, arms, and legs take just 2 to 5 minutes to treat.
- 3 times the power. Each pulse is more effective, so fewer passes over the skin are needed.
- 2 times cooler for enhanced comfort during treatment.
What if my skin needs a stronger treatment?
Ablative skin resurfacing with the ProFractional™ or erbium laser or hybrid revitalization with the HALO® laser is excellent for more advanced aging and sun damage. These treatments are also a good choice when you want more noticeable results without multiple treatments.
- ProFractional skin resurfacing is a fractional laser treatment that affects thousands of microscopic channels in the skin to decrease lines and wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and stretch marks, and improve texture with just 3 to 4 days of downtime. Most patients have a series of 1 to 4 treatments.
- Erbium laser skin resurfacing affects the entire surface of the skin to address deeper wrinkles, scars, and sun damage than our other lasers. It also improves skin tone and texture. Typically, only a single treatment is needed.
- HALO – HALO fractional laser treatment improves your skin’s texture and tone at both the surface and deeper skin layers, dramatically reducing sun damage and pigmentation. Many people enhance their BBL results by combining treatments with HALO laser skin resurfacing treatments for comprehensive skin rejuvenation.
We can adjust the depth of these treatments for your specific needs and available downtime.
What to Expect
Dr. Brooks and his experienced providers perform BBL HERO treatments in the office. After placing protective eye shields over your eyes, your provider will place the HERO handpiece on the skin and a quick flash of light is released. The handpiece is moved to the adjacent area until the targeted area is completely covered. Once the treatment is complete, you can return to your regular daily activities right away.
You’ll need no downtime after a BBL HERO treatment. Treated areas will look and feel sunburned for the first few hours. Treated redness typically fades as damaged vessels are absorbed. Brown pigment rises to the surface of the skin, becomes dark initially (sometimes called “peppering”), and sloughs off.
It takes about 2 to 4 weeks to reach the final results from a HERO treatment. While many patients notice a difference after a single treatment, most need a series of 2 to 4 treatments spaced approximately 6 weeks apart for skin that is smoother, evenly colored, younger, and healthier looking.Back to Top